Which file system to use?

Hi guys,

According to Martin's we should format our USB stick or SD card using
EXT2 file system. I was wondering if I can use UBIFS instead (I don't
see any reasons not use it) but first I would like to count on yours
expertise.

Is there any advantage on using EXT2 instead of UBIFS?

Is UBIFS more appropriate for flash memory like USB sticks and SD
cards? Will UBIFS balance IO operations to preserve my SD card (I
mean, will it write my files in all the 'extension' of my SD and not
in only one point)?

Hope to hear from you guys.
Thanks for your time.

Regards,