Re: Apt alignment trap.

On 10/8/09, Andrea Gasparini <gaspa@yattaweb.it> wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of alignment trap
>  on apt-get, even on a simple "apt-get update".
>
>  Should I file a bug against apt (but it seems very strange to me that no
>  one encountered this yet), or did I miss something ?

I guess you're using squeeze or sid release. Yes, something is causing
apt and many other programs to get alignment traps.
The bug is actually in glibc bugs.debian.org/548842

If you'd like to help debug this, you can
echo 5 > /proc/cpu/alignment
and run apt-get under gdb - it will be killed with a Bus Error at the bad code.