Re: Thecus N2100 installation problem

* Jonas Gehring <jonas.gehring@boolsoft.org> [2009-08-28 15:18]:
> However, I'd like to note that formatting the disks after setting
> the time and prior to the base system install didn't work for me:
> The installer returned to the main installation menu after detecting
> the disks.

You're right.

So the correct workaround is:

When this error occurs, go to the menu and open a shell (the last but
one entry in the menu).  Then type:
   chroot /target
   apt-get install ntpdate
   ntpdate pool.ntp.org
   exit

Now choose the menu entry "Change debconf priority" and choose "high".

Finally, choose "Partition disks" to format the disk again.
Afterwards, the installer will continue automatically.  This time, the
installation will succeed.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/