Sheevaplug running Debian won't boot after initial "apt-get dist-upgrade"

I've successfully installed Debian Lenny onto an SD card in my new SheevaPlug and it booted fine. I then followed Martin's instructions for fine detail adjustments (renaming the host, adding ntp, "apt-get dist-upgrade" etc.) before attempting to re-boot. I did one extra thing, which was to edit /etc/fstab to reflect where my / partition was - on the MMC card. Without that the "apt-get dist-upgrade" failed. I then finished off the upgrade and re-booted.

It now gets as far trying to boot and says:

## Booting image at 00400000 ...
Bad Magic Number

and returns me to the monitor prompt.

As part of the apt-get dist-upgrade I noticed that the kernel went from 2.6.29 to 2.6.30. Is there an extra step needed to get the new kernel properly installed?

TIA,
John