Re: Thecus N2100 installation problem

On Sunday 23 August 2009 17:35:05 Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> There's no fix for this problem yet but you can use the following
> workaround:
>
> When this error occurs, go to the menu and open a shell (the last but
> one entry in the menu).  Then type:
>   chroot /target
>   apt-get install ntpdate
>   ntpdate pool.ntp.org
>   exit
>
> Now you can format the disk again and proceed with the installation
> and it will work.

Thank you very much for your help! I finally managed to setup the system by
using your instructions.

However, I'd like to note that formatting the disks after setting the time and
prior to the base system install didn't work for me: The installer returned
to the main installation menu after detecting the disks. Afterwards, this
happened when selecting the disk partitioning tool as well as the base system
installation.
Instead, I simply re-installed the base system without formatting the root
partition again.

Regards,
Jonas