Re: arm port plans for the squeeze cycle (fpc bootstrapping)

Quoting peter green <plugwash@p10link.net>:

free pascal needs bootstrapping.

I started trying with roughly the following recipie (note: these should
be equivilent to what I did but I also went down a lot of dead ends,
did things in a less sensible order etc)

<snip>

And when I asked about that error (on #fpc on freenode) jonas-fpc said
"plugwash: use fpc trunk for arm eabi, 2.2.4 contained many bugs even
if you get it to compile"

So IMO the thing to do is to wait for the next major release of
freepascal before trying further to introduce it to debian armel. This
mail serves to document the path I have taken so I  or somone else can
continue once a suitable fpc version is in debian.

Thanks for making the attempt, please do keep an eye out for a new release and ask here if you need more help.

Colin