Re: Re: ts209ii to ts219p hw upgrade w/ present hd config

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 10:31 PM, John Holland<john.holland@cellent-fs.de> wrote:
>> * John Holland <john.holland@cellent-fs.de> [2009-08-05 21:35]:
>> > Martin, would it be possible to include a backport of squeeze's
>> > flash-kernel package in your repository?
>>
>> Will do.
>
> Wow, you're quick, thanx.

An other solution would be this...

epping@QNAP:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
# deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ lenny main

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free

# Debian volatile
deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main
contrib non-free

# Debian backports
deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free

# testing
deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
epping@QNAP:~$ cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 200

epping@QNAP:~$

and then installing the flash-kernel package ftom testing, ex.

epping@QNAP:~$ sudo apt-get install flash-kernel/testing

This is what I did after the upgrade.

>> > Just one thing though, the netlink activates w/ "only" 100Mb/s. Can't
>> > the driver do 1000Mb/s? Or this anomaly something local to my setup?
>>
>> It should work.  I'm currently on vacation with little Internet access
>> but Lennert Buytenhek (who wrote the Ethernet driver) reads this
>> lists, so hopefully he can help you.
>
> Seems to be something local and/or the linespeed detection is a little touchy.
> I'll try a new cable sometime soon... But, seems to working ATT.

My TS-219P is connected with a short cable to an HP PRoCurve 2626 (one
of the GB ports) and reports

[   39.250000] eth0: link up, 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, flow control disabled

So it looks like its working correctly.
--
GRTNX,
RobJE