Re: Some help needed to install Lenny on the Intel SS4000-E nas

Hi Martin,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 08:50:41PM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> > I'm trying to install Lenny on the Intel SS4000-E nas [...]

> Wouter Verhelst (CCed) has just finished porting the debian-installer
> to this device, so he should be able to help.

Thanks for your response !

Arnaud found some missing bits in my procedure, and his advice has
lead to the point where d-i is finally launching.

The base installation is finished, but d-i tells me that he don't find
a suitable kernel for the machine in the Lenny arch.

Now Im back to the d-i menu, wondering what I should do ?

Any more advice ? (Many TIA !)

Can I download a the kernel from sid ? Will it be suitable ?

I have seen while the installation that Wouter has added support for
the SS4000-e in flash-kernel. Is it also in the kernel itself, and can
I take also the flash-kernel sid package to flash a kenel, providing
that I find a kernel, of course ?

Many thanks for your help !

--

J.-F. STRAETEN