No mtdblock devices on QNAP TS-219

Hi

I've run debian (2.6.29-2-kirkwood) on my 219 for a few weeks and it has worked
fine. A few days ago I wanted to make the installation a bit more permanent and
ran the "apt-get dist-upgrade" command to get the latest updates.

However, it needed to rewrite the initrd and when it tried to write it to flash,
it failed. It complained about:

Cannot find mtd partition 'RootFS1'

It seems there's no mtdblock devices on my 219, and when I checked the kernel
log, the line:

m25p80 spi0.0: found s25sl12801, expected m25p128

seems to be the root cause.

My machine is a pre-release device for beta-testing, it seems it has some other
type of flash hardware. I probably need to compile a special kernel for it, but have been unsuccessful with the initrd image. Any pointers?

	Magnus