Re: Debian for ARM, Gemini, Centroid, GIGANAS

Hi Ramanjit,

I have an DUAL HDD NAS based on Storlink ARM running currently under Debian 4.0.
I Installed it with the howto from www.nas-2000.org.
I have already tried to install an Debian 5.0 Image from www.cyrius.com
which was made for "sheva plug" but I got "Kernel panic" after booting.

I'm not sure but I think it have something to do with init-rd(ramdisk image).
Maybe there is somebody how could explain howto to build an worling initrd for an exsisting lenny image.

Martin

Ramanjit Singh Lamba schrieb:
Hello everyone,

I'm a nubie who has developed  a recent interest in working with Linux. Part of this ocured because I was trying to explore the options to run  my MRT Communications Dual Bay GIGANAS  in a more controllable manner.

During my research I came across a few different options including OpenWRT, Debian and others. However, these two interest me more than the others.

On the Debian front, I read on the website that Debian now supports ARM devices. However, in order to ensure that I don't attempt anything beyond my reach/ competence, I wanted to find out if my GIGANAS based on ARM9 Gemini processor from Storlink is supported by Lenny.

Another older version of this hardware called the MRT Communications Dual HDD NAS based on ARM9 Centroid processor from Storlink Devices. At the following link there is a precompiled image for Centroid device based on Debian V 4.0. However, I'm not certain if the same will work with Gemini or not. Also, when attempted to upgrade to Lenny, the system refused to bootstrap, so there obviously is something missing or wrong.
http://www.nas-2000.org/mwiki/index.php?title=Debian_linux_installation_-_hdd_booted

GIGANAS page: http://mrt.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:35HD-DUAL-NAS-E
DUAL HDD NAS: http://mrt.nas-central.org/wiki/Category:35HD-DUAL-NAS

I hope that some of you will be able to provide me some assistance.

Thanks in anticipation
--

Ramanjit Singh Lamba