Re: Debian 5.0 (lenny) tar ball for the SheevaPlug - USB install

Hi,

2009/5/6 Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>:
>>   *  Try out emdebian grip rootfs (half smaller than Debian one) [2]
>
> I don't know anything about emdebian.  Maybe that's something you can
> help out with.

Sure. FYI, emdebian in its grip form it is just Debian stripped, it is
also Debian compatible.

In order to generate a useful rootfs for an armel target at your
amd64|i386 host you only need to do:
$ mkdir grip/
$ sudo debootstrap --arch=armel --foreign lenny grip/
http://www.emdebian.org/grip/
$ cd grip/
$ sudo tar -czf ../emdebian-grip-armel-debootstrap.tgz .
$ cd ../
$ sudo rm -rf ./grip/

Need to run emsecondstage script on the target.

You can also do this steps for a native rootfs which it is even easier.

After that one just needs to configure properly the rootfs for the
specific machine

>>   *  Try out recent eglibc in Debian [3]
>
> I think it's just a matter of time until this shows up in unstable and
> testing and then people will test it.

It would be nice if we could have binaries compiled with -Os, but I
guess that point will be cleared out at emdebian side.

Kind regards

--
 Héctor Orón