Re: ARM kernel snapshots - 2.6.29-rc7

Hi Martin,

On Sun, Mar 08, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Dieter Bloms <debian.org@bloms.de> [2009-03-07 21:34]:
> > maybe it is a lvm problem, because I think the most people have setup a
> > raid1 system.
>
> I tried to replicate your setup but unfortunately I still cannot
> reproduce this issue.  Can you try netconsole?
>
> My desktop is 192.168.1.2, so on the QNAP I ran:
>
>   modprobe netconsole netconsole=@/,@192.168.1.2/
>
> and on the desktop I ran:
>
>   netcat -u -l -p 6666

I've done a little investigate in this and found that the fritzbox 7270
has some strange problem.
When I use the qnap as nfs filer, than after about 60-130 MByte the
network link is down. When I use it as nfs client, the connection is
stable.

When I connect my client via crosscable all work fine and stable.

Reading with 10.12 MByte/s and writing with 5.55.

Sorry that you has to investigate the time for _my_ problem.

But one strange think is, that I have to reset the qnap server.
I can not power on after this until a press the reset button.

I will buy a real 1GB switch instead of this 100MB DSL Router.

I'am happy, that my new qnap server runs stable with deabin now.

Thank you for the install images und this new fine kernel.

--
Gruß

  Dieter

From field.