NSLU2 network interface missing after reboot

After a reboot of my NSLU2, the network interface fails to appear. By
looking at /var/log/dmesg*, I notice the following two lines in older
logs, which are not there in the latest:

[   34.570000] eth0: MII PHY 1 on NPE-B
[   61.530000] NPE-B: firmware functionality 0x0, revision 0x2:1

I expect this to be the reason, or rather the symptom, but I have no idea
how to fix this. The system has been rebooted a few times before this with
no incident.

The reboot was to run a fsck on my root file system, after having been
unable to install new packages because of what I believe was some amount
of file system corruption, so I assume this *might* be related, but I
obviously don't know for sure.

The file system is clean now, and /lost+found doesn't seem to contain
anything interesting as far as I can tell.

Running armel, Linux kernel 2.6.25-7

Any help appreciated.

--
Jonas Häggqvist