Re: ARMEL on low power mmu-less platforms?

Catalin Marinas wrote:
I did the Cortex-M3 Linux port and from my experience you need about
4MB of RAM to be able to run a few commands (I used busybox as a
filesystem). With 2MB, you can't even start more than about 4 simple
commands (like "ls") in parallel

So, if low power is one of my goals, I need to consider the power drawn by memory, DRAM or flash or FRAM or ??, since I'm going to need plenty of it...only it will have to be connected by a serial port for the micro I aminterested in.

Have you got an interface for serial memory in your Linux port?

About the Cortex-M3 port, is it ready for any of Stellaris's parts? If not, what is it like to fine tune your port to a platform, is it as simple as running configure when I compile a kernel for my desktop machine, just in cross-compile mode?

Thanks,

John Griessen
Ecosensory
Austin TX  (where there is an ARM office and Luminary's home office.)