Re: ARMEL on low power mmu-less platforms?

John Griessen <john@ecosensory.com> wrote:
> I am just wondering if any kind of debian subset even can be put on a
> machine without MMU?

Not that easy, you would need to change the C library to uClibc since
AFAIK glibc doesn't support noMMU systems.

> Since linux-arm has a cortex-m3 linux port (using uclinux methods), I
> wonder if there is any possibility or interest from debian in these
> kind of constrained machines that could never do graphics, just server
> functions.

I did the Cortex-M3 Linux port and from my experience you need about
4MB of RAM to be able to run a few commands (I used busybox as a
filesystem). With 2MB, you can't even start more than about 4 simple
commands (like "ls") in parallel

--
Catalin