Re: ext3/ext2 kernel bug with umlauts?

Am Montag, 8. September 2008 22:36:59 schrieben Sie:

> > > I built 2.6.26 images with this patch if people want to try:
> > > http://merkel.debian.org/~tbm/tmp/ext3/
> >
> > So no workarounds should be needed with the patch? I installed the
> > patched kernel [1], rebooted but the same problem persists.
>
> Ok, so it's something else.
>
> I've tried to create a reproduction case.  The following filesystem
> image needs to be unpacked onto a 6 gigabyte (or larger) partition,
> after uncompressing it via bunzip2.  (i.e., via "bunzip2 <
> testbig.e2i.bz2 | dd of=/dev/sdXX bs=4k").  It works just fine for me,
> but it's created using Michael's directory which he dumped out via
> debugfs, and with the superblock hash_seed set to his filesystems
> hash_seed.  I don't see the problem on my x86 laptop,
> but if it shows
> up on the arm, then it must be an architecture specific bug, which is
> useful to know.
>
> 						- Ted

I do not wonder, because somebody else and me have seen the
same effect at their own machines: directories wrong at arm(el)
are okay at x86 and vice versa.
Is it useful to send you a dump of something what is okay at
arm but wrong at x86 (if I can still find it)?

Regards Michael

P.S. So changing from tea to half_md4 has also nothing to do with our
problem?