Re: ext3/ext2 kernel bug with umlauts?

Martin Michlmayr schrieb am Freitag, 29. August 2008 14:01:
> * Michael Glockenstein <neues.nx6c4@glockenstein.de> [2008-08-25 15:51]:
> > > ls: /share/erlend Øye - dj kicks: No such file or directory
> > > $ sudo umount /share
> > > $ sudo mount -t ext2 /dev/sdb6 /share
> > > $ ls /share/erlend*
> > > total 76892
> > > 01-jürgen_paape-so_weit_wie_noch_nie.mp3
> > > 03-erlend_øye-sheltered_life_(rmx)+fine_night_(acapella).mp3
> > > [...]
> >
> > I have to confirm this strange problem.
>
> I just tried the same and it works fine here.  I created a dir with
> the name above with those files in it on a USB stick connected to my
> laptop running 2.6.27-rc4.  Then I moved it to an orion5x based box
> running 2.6.26 but everything is fine.
>
> What is the output of 'locale'?

root@nas ~ # locale
LANG=de_DE@euro
LC_CTYPE="de_DE@euro"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE@euro"
LC_TIME="de_DE@euro"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE@euro"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE@euro"
LC_PAPER="de_DE@euro"
LC_NAME="de_DE@euro"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE@euro"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE@euro"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE@euro"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE@euro"
LC_ALL=de_DE@euro

By the way some more infos: there a files with umlauts which get corrupt,
and there are files which are okay even when mounted as ext3.
As I first detected the problem with some files I moved the disk from
the nas* to the pc and moved the problem files (bad at nas, good at pc)
to a different place and back to the old place when mounted again at the
nas. for the first time they were good at the same place. I dont know when
they went bad again, maybe after a reboot or after e2fsck. But at the other
side I used the disk as ext2 in the meantime and tried the journaling only
today. So really strange ..
Regards Michael
* nas is the nslu2