Re: Debian kernel package for linkstation pro

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Tim Small <tim@buttersideup.com> [2008-08-10 12:34]:
 - Run a script supplied by Debian that will use nvram to change
     bootargs_root
Pretty much, but I think the best approach is to supply an initrd which
does this automatically

I'm not sure we can do that.  The installer will use an initramfs
rather than an initrd, so the u-boot environment has to be changed
before the installer can be started.

I was thinking that a separate initrd image would be needed for the
purpose of changing the nvram parameters, and/or installing a
network-console-enabled uboot - either that, or the kernel used by the
installer could be patched (but that's more maintenance, I think).

Cheers,

Tim.