Generating locales on NSLU2

Hello,

I've installed Lenny armel beta2 on a NSLU2 yesterday. It worked well. Thank
you for the work and the fine documentation.

I have a problem generating locales for French.
When I start locale-gen, it goes like that :

Generating locales (this might take a while)...
  fr_FR.UTF-8...Read from remote host 192.168.1.10: Connection reset by peer
Connection to 192.168.1.10 closed.

The ssh server crashes and I'm not able to reconnect to the NSLU2. The NSLU2
still answers to ping.

When I reboot the NSLU2, the locale has not be generated.

My locales version is 2.7.10

Is it a known bug on armel ? Is there any workaround (downgrading locales,
or generating the locales elsewhere)

Cheers,
Charles