Re: ttyAM2 problem on TS-7260

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 06:26:44PM +0800, ApOgEE wrote:

> i got problem with my TS-7260. I'm connecting my serial from PC at
> ttyS0 using minicom to the board on com3 which is ttyAM2. The
> problem is, I can't get any input or output from it. I've verified
> that the cable is OK because I've tested the ttyAM0 and ttyAM1 using
> the same cable. Any ideas on how can I fix this?

This is probably because the ep93xx platform code does not (yet)
handle gating the UART clocks, and your bootloader probably does not
enable the third UART clock.

The UART driver (amba-pl010) _does_ support the generic clock
framework, so all you should need to do (in theory) is to add
definitions for the three UART clocks to arch/arm/mach-ep93xx/clock.c.

(Note that the clock ID in clk_get will always be "UARTCLK", you'll
have to look at the struct device which of the three clocks to
return.)