Re: Tomcat on Debian ARM ?

On 2/14/08, Sujit Karataparambil <sjt.kar@gmail.com> wrote:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/200604.mbox/%3C96e4b5230604230921o70c90da5g9343a34077f24e9a@mail.gmail.com%3E

Seems there is an JDK and Tomcat Bundle.

On 2/12/08, Nicola Fankhauser <nicola.fankhauser@variant.ch> wrote:
hi fred

quelion@free.fr wrote:
> Is there anybody that make Tomcat working on a ARM Debian etch (NSLU) ?

with the stock 32MB ram - even if you'll get to run it in theory - IMO
it just won't do anything other than thrashing your box.

I tried once to install 'slimserver' on NSLU2, which is in essence a
perl program connecting to a mysql-database. memory-wise it kind of
worked, but to be usable in terms of CPU power, I finally used two NSLU2
in parallel (clustered, so to speak :), one for the perl-program and one
for the mysql-server.

regards
nicola