Re: Recommend place to set CXXFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=xscale -mtune=xscale"

Re: building rtorrent for Debian,
The following was recommended to me by the Debian maintainer of the
rtorrent package, Jose Luis:

// quote
But you can compile the debian package with this variable, just make
this in a test-dir:
$ apt-get source rtorrent
$ cd rtorrent-0.7.4
$ vi debian/rules

Then modify the variables according to the wiki and then make this:

$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

Then just install the .deb package generated in `../'

BTW, rtorrent 0.7.11 is done but hasn't been uploaded by my sponsor so
if anyone want to use the amd64/emt64 package is available in
http://debian.ghostbar.ath.cx/rtorrent/0.7.11

Regards,
Jose Luis.
// quote