Re: State of the arm/ixp4xx 2.6.24 kernel (important if you run Debian on an NSLU2)

Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> For the arm/ixp4xx Debian 2.6.24 kernel (used on the Linksys NSLU2), I
> switched to Krzysztof Hasala's Ethernet driver.

> The first paragraph contained the good news. The bad news is that
> although Krzysztof's driver is works well, udev does not load the
> driver automatically.

FYI, in nslu2-linux and openwrt, we compile the ethernet driver into the
kernel (you don't save any memory making something a module when the
module will *always* be loaded), and just let udev load the microcode.

Perhaps the Debian ixp4xx kernel can use a similar approach?

-- Rod