Re: State of the arm/ixp4xx 2.6.24 kernel (important if you run Debian on an NSLU2)

* Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2008-01-27 12:07]:
> The first paragraph contained the good news. The bad news is that
> although Krzysztof's driver is works well, udev does not load the
> driver automatically. This means that you should *not* run a 2.6.24
> kernel on your NSLU2 unless you have serial port access, because you
> will not have network access without loading the driver manually. I'm
> working on a solution to this problem, but until one exists, be
> careful when 2.6.24 hits unstable.

If it takes too long (i.e. longer than 2.6.24 being uploaded to the
archive), maybe joeyh would consider putting a workaround into
nslu2-utils that loads the driver manually if the kernel is >= 2.6.24.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/