Re: unable to boot own kernel on Thecus N2100

Martin Guy wrote:
> 2008/1/16, Przemyslaw Kwiatkowski <micha@micha.waw.pl>:
>> I use lenny on my N2100 with standard kernel
>> (linux-image-2.6.22-3-iop32x) - works excellent! I have just rebuilt
>> kernel with make-kpkg (I used original 2.6.22-3-iop32x config and only
>> enabled ARM_THUMB, AEABI and OABI_COMPAT options.)
>> [...]
>> Any ideas?
>
> It just transpired on the linux-arm list that ARM_THUMB and
> OABI_COMPAT are not compatible, and that there is a bug in the
> handling of system calls when both are enabled, whose real fix is to
> disallow them both being enabled simultaneously. I doubt this is your
> specific problem, but it may be worth a try.

I have just compiled kernel with eabi/oabi_compat enabled and without
arm_thumb - raid still does not work... :-(

--
Przemyslaw Kwiatkowski [Micha], micha@fidonet.org.pl, 2:480/127@FidoNet
SMS# +48 601 238089, GPG: 2CA0 F353 85FD B0F1 1BD4 73D7 F85D 2717

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
(c) Gregory Benford