Re: architecture: all but ... (please add armel to architecture list)

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dear porter, please enlighten me.
>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 02:26:20PM +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
>> Package: gsynaptics
>> Version: 0.9.7-3
>> Severity: wishlist
>> User: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
>> Usertags: eabi
>>
>> Please add "armel" to the architecture list in debian/control (or make it "any")
>>
>> (A new ARM port should be going into lenny to replace the old one in lenny+1;
>> see wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort)
>
> Since S360 build failure caused me to chose explicit arch list, I
> think I have to add eabi to fix this bug.  I wish if we can do

s/s360/s390/

What build failure do you mean? 0.9.7-1+b1 as well as 0.9.7-1+b2 built
fine and 0.9.7-2 didn't have s390 listed anymore as a supported
architecture...

Why would you remove the support for an architecture when it doesn't
build anymore, shouldn't you rather fix it to build on that architecture
again in that case? From looking at the binNMU version numbers, the
build failure was only temporary anyway...

The best thing you can do is mark it Arch: any again and inform the s390
buildd maintainer (Bastian Blank) about that unless you have a valid
reason not to build it on s390 anymore?

Cheers

Luk