Re: building ipcld on debian/NSLU

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 07:57:20PM -0800, mayur0122-linux@yahoo.com wrote:
> I am trying to build the iplcd driver for the NSLU2
>
> http://www.linuxha.com/athome/common/iplcd/iplc-driver.tgz
>
> This is for the "USB           Insteon PowerLinc V2"
>
> I am looking for the kernel build library which is not installed with the linux-image package...
>
> myslug:~/smarthome/iplc/driver/linux-2.6# make
> make -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-5-ixp4xx/build/ SUBDIRS=/home/super1/smarthome/iplc/driver/linux-2.6 modules
> make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.18-5-ixp4xx/build/: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> make: *** [default] Error 2
>

> What package do I need to install to get the build directory for the kernel ?

Usually linux-headers-`uname -r` (that being
linux-headers-whatever_version_you_are_running)

It will provide /lib/modules/version/build as a symlink which is what
all proper build files look for these days.  If the build system is
broken, just point it at that or /usr/src/linux-headers-version

--
Len Sorensen