Thecus N2100 - problems after flashing

Hi all,

I just received a Thecus N2100. Here's a report of what I did, so that
now I can't access the box.

I booted it up with no HD inside, the FW was 2.1.0. Silly me, I decided
that I didn't need to upgrade to 2.1.5 to have an IP address in RedBoot,
and started flashing the debian installer's image. According to the
webpage, the flashing went thru successfully, then I clicked on the
Reboot button and waited 5 minutes.

I tried to ping 192.168.1.100 (from my desktop: 192.168.1.150), but got
no response. I pinged broadcast, and nothing. I nmapped: nothing. Notice
that the original FW's web interface had the default GW set to a wrong
address, but that shouldn't matter: I should still be able to ping it.

After this, I put in a SATA disk on the slot 1, and rebooted, just in
case. Still nothing.

Is there anything left to do or do I just have to start soldering?

Thanks in advance,
Salvatore.

--
Salvatore Iovene