Re: Apple partition table

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 06:30, Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed debian on my Qnap TS-209, and except for some
> (apparently known) performance issues, everything went fine.
> Then I tried to use my external USB disk, which I partitioned using
> apple partition table. This partition type is not recognized by the
> current kernel (2.6.26-1-orion5x), and since I'm not familiar with the
> debian way of kernel building, I would like to ask if it's possible to
> include this option in the next release.

In /boot/config-2.6.26-1-orion5x,

CONFIG_HFSPLUS_FS=m

so, it looks like the HPS Plus file system support is built as a
module in the Debian kernel. Try

modprobe hfsplus

and then mount the partition.

You may also need to install the hpsplus package [1] (I've never tried
mounting an HFS+ partition in Linux).

Gordon

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny/hfsplus

--