Apple partition table

Hi,

I have installed debian on my Qnap TS-209, and except for some
(apparently known) performance issues, everything went fine.
Then I tried to use my external USB disk, which I partitioned using
apple partition table. This partition type is not recognized by the
current kernel (2.6.26-1-orion5x), and since I'm not familiar with the
debian way of kernel building, I would like to ask if it's possible to
include this option in the next release.