Re: BUG booting 2.6.26-1-iop32x on Thecus N2100

Riku Voipio wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:37:11PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> It happens because of Riku's LED driver.  When I compile a kernel
>> without the driver, I can start ifplugd just fine.
>
>> Riku, the best way to reproduce this is to install ifplugd (but _not_
>> change INTERFACES in /etc/default/ifplugd to "auto") and then you can
>> trigger it with:
>>   /usr/sbin/ifplugd -i eth0
>
> I see, ifplugd tries to beep. Why when ifplugd is calling it ends up
> in atomic context is unclear to me, using schedule_work should make
> it more safe anyway. will convert when back at device to test..

I haven't looked at any of the related code.

Does iop32x use gpiolib?  Maybe the GPIO pin that controls the beep is
at the end of an i2c GPIO expander.  If that's the case, then there is
at least one sleep whilst waiting for the i2c bus controller to
complete the transaction.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff