Re: performance information

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:51:13PM +0000, Martin Guy wrote:

>   I only get 3 MB/s on a 100Mbps network using a 200MHz ARM CPU
> because it runs out of CPU to run the TCP network stack.

Is that the Cirrus ep93xx?  If yes, then you're only getting 3 MB/s
because the ethernet MAC is lame and the machine is running out of CPU
because it needs to copy and checksum every packet in software -- if
you'll profile it you'll see that it spends most of its time copying
stuff around, and the TCP overhead is minor in comparison.