Re: Debian on a chumby?

Rick Thomas wrote:
> Has anybody looked at installing Debian on a Chumby?  More expensive
> than a Slug, but faster CPU, twice the RAM, eight times the flash, and a
> screen (no soldering required to observe the boot process!)
>
> http://store.chumby.com/
>
> http://wiki.chumby.com/mediawiki/index.php/Hacking_Linux_for_chumby

This is the first I've heard of it, but it certianly looks like a good,
and relatively easy, target for someone to get debian working on.

> chumby specs
>
> 3.5" LCD color touchscreen
> Two external USB 2.0 full-speed ports
> 350 MHz ARM processor
> 64 MB SDRAM
> 64 MB NAND flash ROM

It'd be a bit hard to fit a useful debian system into the 64 mb flash
(though emvedian and other approaches can fit a debian-derived system in
that size).

But using it with a USB flash drive and full debian, or netbooting
seems very doable.

--
see shy jo