Re: Big trouble

* Mikael Rudberg <mikael@iced.se> [2008-04-21 21:53]:
>> Do you remember which version?
>>
> Unfortunately not, however i think i pulled the image from your site at the
> same time i installed it March 16 2007

Strange.  The kernel partition on all debian-installer images should
be 00160000 rather than 00140000.  I only know one other person who
had 00140000 (see #464958) and we're not sure which image he used to
install.

Anyway, let's hope this is just a very unusual case.

To fix it, I suggest:

 - Backup your flash with: cat /dev/mtdblock? > mtd-backup
 - Save that file somewhere
 - Download http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/files/sda1-2.6.18.dfsg.1-18etch1
 - Boot it and check /proc/mtd to see how large the kernel partition is.
   It should be 00160000 now.
 - Run flash-kernel to flash 2.6.24.

Does that work?
--