Re: Debian install on NSLU2 restarts when I copy lots of data

Hi all,

Thanks for the thoughts!

On 02/04/2008, Rod Whitby <rod@whitby.id.au> wrote:
> Giles, it looks like you're really going to need a serial console to debug this one ...

What would I look for with a serial console?  I assume that would give me the console output and persist over a reboot, so perhaps I'm looking for kernel panic messages or the like?

If so, I assume (as per <http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddASerialPort>) that I'll need to start doing a bit of hardware hacking to enable the internal serial port, is that right?

Regards,

Giles