armel port status report

Hi
   I now have some more time to help progress the armel port, and
first have analysed the differences between the ftp.debian-ports.org
repository, which is no longer updated, and the new official version
at ftp,debian.org and mirrors.
   The good news is that the mainline repo contains the binaries for
106 more source packages, while 22 source packages have gained extra
binaries that were not present in the old repo. Of particular note is
that several of the fortran-related problem packages have been solved,
which enables many other [ackages to be built.
   The bad news is that the old repo contained binaries for 82
packages that were in sarge or etch but are not in sid, plus 5 that
are not currently flagged to be built on arm* architectures. The
binaries for a further 51 source packages in sid, which were included
in debian-ports, are now missing from the main repo.

The upshot of this is that yesterday the completeness of the armel
port had dropped to 90.47%, if I remember correctly. From today the
buildd admin has stopped posting the necessary stats to
unstable.buildd.net, so no one can check there any more (all figures
are zeroes)

If I understand correctly, the fastest way to improve the mainline
armel port would be to schedule the packages for building that are
known to work on armel, but whose binaries are missing:

Yesterday, these missing ones were already scheduled to be built:
bouml clutter-cairo gcj-4.2 iceape ingimp k3b kawari8 kdemultimedia
kdepimlibs libetpan washngo

These were not:
clutter-gst clutter-gtk clutter-perl darcs-buildpackage dballe eikazo
exif flashrom gcc-snapshot gimp-plugin-registry haskell-haskell-src
haskell-hsql iceweasel inkscape kerry
sqlrelay

And I don't know whether these were queued or not, because that info
is not available today:
gp2c kaa-metadata libstatgrab libxklavier liquidsoap lua-zip mailutils
mathomatic python-qt4 python-scipy-core rawstudio redland
redland-bindings rrootage siege skencil srtp swt-gtk specimen
wmbattery wvdial wwwoffle xvmount zsh-beta

Lastly, the following have now been fixed to build on armel, and need building:
amiga-fdisk libinotify-ruby ltrace lua-gtk shogun spamoracle
(though shogun still needs the missing octave3.0-headers from
octave3.0 to build, and octave3.0 needs the missing suitesparse)

That's from an analysis of the differences between the two
repositories. I hope to do something a bit more thorough in the next
few days, based on what the repository should be like, and what it is
like, rather than on the differences between the old and the new.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to suggest a better way than
this to collaborate with the buildd admin I'd be pleased to hear. It
would also help a lot if another DD would step up to be a second
buildd admin for armel, since it seems that there is so much work to
be done on a new port that it is too much for one person to handle all
of it.

Or, if I'm wasting my time trying to improve the efficacy of the
buildds, which is where the greatest win currently lies, please feel
free to suggest how else I should spend my time on this project.

Thanks