Re: armel installation on NSLU2

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
>  You could download the daily image from
>  http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/daily/ixp4xx/netboot/
>  and then repack the image according to the instructions under "Modify
>  an existing installer image initramfs" at
>  http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/BuildImage and add the
>  microcode.

Thanks Martin!

That might have been the "proper" way to do it. coincidentally i just
succeded installing armel on my slug five minutes ago on this boring
sunday. :-)

i used the old armel installer image from slug-firmware.net to boot &
ssh into it, then did a manual debootstrap, chrooted in there and
flashed the kernel. (that's the short story...)

either way, slug is running and i'm happy.

regards, markus