Re: armel port moving to debian archive

It looks like I didn't manage to write "bits from armel porters"
mail before FOSDEM, so I'll just post a more iformal update now:

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 02:09:22AM +0200, Riku Voipio wrote:
> deb http://ftp.xx.debian.org/debian/ sid main

> where 'xx' is a country code of a mirror carrying armel port. Mirrors
> cloning the "typical" or a hand-selected list of architectures will
> not have armel.

Now you can search for armel mirrors from:

	http://www.debian.org/mirror/list-full

> Currently the archive only has "dpkg" included,
> if everything goes well, the migration should finish by the end
> of the week.

It's now fully migrated and most people can drop debian-ports.org from
their sources.list

> This is only the beginning for armel port inside Debian, now we need
> start integrating armel with regular buildd's, testing, provide
> porter access machine, kill bugs faster than regressions appear etc.
> Much fun ahead todo :)

Testing migration has started (thanks again to everyone involved!),
but getting a fully working testing/armel is going to take a while.
There is things like lenny d-i beta1 that are more important to get
done. Hopefully we can get armel to d-i beta2. Official buildd's and
developer machine(s) are being worked on as well.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups