Re: Thecus N2100 - problems after flashing

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 06:45:04PM +0000, Martin Guy wrote:
> 2008/1/8, Salvatore Iovene <salvatore.iovene@googlemail.com>:
> > I booted it up with no HD inside, the FW was 2.1.0. Silly me, I decided
> > that I didn't need to upgrade to 2.1.5 to have an IP address in RedBoot,
> >
> > Is there anything left to do or do I just have to start soldering?
>
> You can still talk to redboot via the serial port. If, like mine, the
> serial port connector was not supplied you can still use it without
> soldering if you wrench 3 serial port-type square gold pins off a dead
> motherboard, clean them up and poke the soldery ends into pins 2, 3
> and 5 of the right type of DB9-to-2x5 connector: the sort where the
> wires are awkwardly crossed over inside the plug shell so that pins
> numbered 1-9 go to pins 1-9. You can then fit this into the serial
> connector holes on the HD connector riser board without having to
> solder anything.
>
> Good luck!

Hi, and thanks for the answer. After all everything turned out to be
fine. It seems that the Thecus leased a DHCP address after all, and I
just insisted on probin 192.168.1.100. :)

Now I'm in the middle of the installation.

--
Salvatore Iovene
http://www.iovene.com/