help! need to repair/replace ext3 journal

I recently had a power outage and since then, though my Debian NSLU2 will boot, the /home partition (/dev/sda6) will not mount. I get the following message when I try to manually mount:

LKG7CBA04:~# mount -t ext3 /dev/sda6 /home
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda6,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

An exam of dmesg follows:
LKG7CBA04:~# dmesg | tail
NFSD: starting 90-second grace period
sda: Current: sense key=0x0
    ASC=0x0 ASCQ=0x0
ext3: No journal on filesystem on sda6
ext3: No journal on filesystem on sda6
ext3: No journal on filesystem on sda6
ext3: No journal on filesystem on sda6
ext3: No journal on filesystem on sda6
ext3: No journal on filesystem on sda6
ext3: No journal on filesystem on sda6

A quick check with fsck says the disk is OK:
LKG7CBA04:~# fsck /dev/sda6
fsck 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006)
e2fsck 1.40-WIP (14-Nov-2006)
/dev/sda6: clean, 25004/19152896 files, 23991213/38288911 blocks

No surprise, I can mount the disk as ext2. How do I repair/replace the ext3 journal for the disk so I can remount it ext3?

Thanks!
Tom