Re: VGA cards on USB or such?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 06:39:15PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-07-26 10:47:15, schrieb Lennart Sorensen:
> > Something like a Geode LX + CS5536 uses very little power and has vga.
> > There are also arm systems like PXA255 and 270 where I believe some of
> > them have LCD driver support (so no analog vga but can drive an LCD
> > panel).  They can do analog vga with a DAC though.
> >
> > For example: http://www.compulab.co.il/x270/html/x270-em-datasheet.htm
> > or http://www.compulab.co.il/x270/html/x270-cm-datasheet.htm
> >
> > or for really easy to use:
> > http://www.compulab.co.il/iglx/html/iglx-enc-datasheet.htm
>
> Nice for 285 USD

Well yes, if you buy 1000.  If you buy one it costs 2.5 times that.
Their volume discounts work out to quite a bit.  Their business is
supplying other companies for use in their own devices.  Not ensirely
sure what the intend of this little box is.  This is unfortunately true
for most embedded style boards.  It is never cheap if you only need 1.

We use the iGLX processor module in a router where I work.  At the
volumes we use, we still find them quite expensive.

--
Len Sorensen