Re: Debian Armel ARM Port

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 10:26:51 +0900, Mohan wrote:
> I tried debootstrap/cdebootstrap from the other mirrors (?) like
> http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-kfreebsd
> http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/gnuab/debian
> But was somehow not able to do it.

Those are not applieddata mirrors, those contain the whole archive
rebuild that Riku is doing, which is needed as all packages should
have been built by a DD before uploading to the Debian archive.

> These mirrors (?) don't seem to have all the packages present in the
> armel-debs.applieddata.net
> repository. Things like tzdata and dpkg-dev to name a few.

Right, it's a partial repository, architecture independent packages are
not included. You can pull them from the official mirrors using something
like:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/

regards,
guillem