Re: Can someone still help with install

hi bob

Yeah please dont get me started about talktalk, it is the UK one and is possibly the worst ISP out there, just moved in with my partner and she already had talktalk installed, going from a super fast cable line to them is like going back to the dark ages might as well use old dial up but im changing them and getting shut - ah bring back my nice static ip line :-)

anyways im sure its the isp that was at the route of my problem, just in writting this ive been disconnected 3 times

On 19/04/07, Bob Cox <news@bobcox.com> wrote:
In article <[🔎] 5233da490704181629o475c537ala8d04093ac60901b@mail.gmail.com">[🔎] 5233da490704181629o475c537ala8d04093ac60901b@mail.gmail.com >,
John Fieldsend <jfieldsend@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK well i took my slug home and tried installing using my cable
> internet, and what do ya know no problems at all, so tried two
> installs both with different mirrors, two succesful installs. Took the
> slug back to my partners and tried an install using her ADSL line with
> talktalk and same old error again, so back to mine, cable internet and
> no problems with install

John - is this the UK 'Talktalk'?  I am unsure of the exact details, but
there are lots of disgruntled users around with stories about this ISP
forcing all port 80 traffic via the Talktalk proxy server and also
applying shaping and throttling.  It just might be relevant.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
http://pippin.co.uk/