Re: Differences in Debian arm versions for NSLU - homework for LUG talk

* Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> [2007-04-15 11:34]:
> Can anybody help me to explain in more depth the differences between
> Debian versions? Is armeb effectively dead or did it just morph into
> one of the versions needed for Debonaras?

I think armeb is pretty much dead at the moment, although it might be
useful for some machines that can only run in armeb mode.  However,
since the arm port works on the nslu2, I think there's little interest
in armeb at the moment.

http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

> Is the EABI version installable easily yet?

Joey Hess has provided an EABI installer image, so it's as easy to
install as the official arm port; but the EABI port (armel) is not
officially supported yet, so there may be problems.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/