NSLU2 wont boot with 2nd Disk connected to Disk 2 port - Etch RC2

Hi All

My slug has been happily running Etch RC2 for a couple of weeks now.
Im using a Datawrite 8Gb USB flash stick plugged into Disk port 1 as the
main drive.

Ive just discovered that the slug wont start if an additional USB stick is
plugged into Disk port 2.

The extra stick is recognized fine and its usable if I plug it into Disk
port 2 while the slug is running.
But if I reboot or cold start the slug with a 2nd stick installed, it just
hangs in the following state,

Ready/Status  Amber solid
Ethernet         Occasionally flashing green
Disk 2             Not lit
Disk 1             Not lit

Ive tried it with two different USB sticks and I get the same result.
Both sticks work fine in my full size ubuntu PC.

There are no clues in the syslog or messages logs. I guess the slug hasn't
even booted far enough to be writing to the logs.

Ive found here ( http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/HomePage ) in the
'Known Problems' section that there use to be a problem with mounting more
than one disk. The wiki update reports that the problem is now fixed in RC2.
Maybe Im having a different problem.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave
London