Re: NSLU2 debian Stable 4.0r0 problem with external disk

* molloyda@gmail.com <molloyda@gmail.com> [2007-04-12 16:37]:
> 1/ Is there still a difference in Debian USB firmware support as
> mentioned here?
> http://www.nabble.com/differences-in-Debian-USB-firmware-support--tf1569893.html#a4263320

Nope.

> 2/Do I have any option apart from buying another disk enclosure?

I'm not sure.  Someone once asked us to enable
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED in the kernel, but I doubt this would
solve your problem.

> 3/ Is this a known issue and if not should I notify debian-nslu2
> webauthors to warn users of this issue?

I don't think this is a known issue.  Unfortunately, I have no idea
what it might be caused by.  Does the same happen when you connect the
USB drive to a x86 based PC running Debian?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/