Re: Debian armel on NSLU2 a bit more progress...

> Laz wrote:
> > It looks like the kernel is booting fine, loading and modules it
> > needs, getting an IP address and then just stopping. Looking at the
> > dmesg file, the date is now two days in the past: I'd hope that
> > wouldn't confuse it enough to stop it booting!
>
> Do you have the rtc -> rtc0 symlink in /dev ?

I didn't but I do have now...

> The nslu2-utils packages does this.  Is that installed?

I thought it would have been but couldn't find any evidence when I looked
(missing /etc/init.d/nslu2-rtc which modprobes rtc-dev: which is there,
too). Just managed to force dpkg to install it into the correct place
from an ix86 box (it couldn't run the postinst script though so I hope
the crucial part of that is creating the sym-link).

I had to use nslu2-utils from the main arm archive: the only one I
couldn't find it (by hand) in the armel repository: the nslu2-utils
directory only contains a package for slugimage (which is already
installed).

Will have to wait until this evening to see if this makes any
difference...

Cheers,

Laz