Debian armel on NSLU2 a bit more progress...

After several people pointed out that I needed to copy over firmware for the
NPE network driver (DOH!), I have done so and I'm now getting a bit further.

The Slug interface now gets assigned an IP address using DHCP but I still
can't ssh into it: I get a "connection refused" message. It responds to pings
as expected.

If I reconnect the disk to my other Debian box, dmesg does end with the
messages I'd expect about the NPE interface being up, etc. Isn't this the
point where init should kick in?

None of the other logs are touched so it doesn't look like syslog is starting.

Should this rootfs boot normally? Or has it got hooks in it to reenter an
installer, or something silly like that, which I can't see because I don't
have a console on the thing?

It looks like the kernel is booting fine, loading and modules it needs,
getting an IP address and then just stopping. Looking at the dmesg file, the
date is now two days in the past: I'd hope that wouldn't confuse it enough to
stop it booting!

Cheers,

Laz