Re: arm eabi port available

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 12:57:38 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 02:01:27AM +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
[ list of patches needed ]

I just took the time the other day to check some of the patches I
produced some time ago for the N770 and file bug reports where
relevant, not many, but as Riku said we were using really outdated
versions of packages.

#407187: apt: use dpkg-architecture to get host architecture
#407191: debianutils: armel and crosscompilation problems
#407192: dosfstools: uses obsolete dpkg argument
#407196: openssl: please add armel support

The others have better versions in your diff dir. Also saw libaio
there, and just uploaded a new package now. And qemu has the arches
added now in svn as well.

> > A migration path for current old-ABI Debian users needs to be worked out.
>
> The way I switched one of my boxes over to EABI was to put an EABI root
> fs in /newroot, and then have a perl script move the directories in / to
> /oldroot and the directories in /newroot to /.  I doubt this is a good
> solution for most users, though.

Probably debtakeover could solve this, but I'd have to update it to
support sarge (urgh!) and etch systems first...

regards,
guillem