Re: NSLU2 Debian Etch 4.0 manual install orange led

Hi GoatZilla

On Nov 14, 2007 11:21 AM, GoatZilla <goatzilla@gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed the instructions per Martin Michlmayr's page, flashed the
> image and untarred the base onto a thumb drive.  I used upslug2, and
> the flashing went through successfully.  The machine reboots, appears
> to do a filesystem check on the thumb drive, reboots again, and then
> all I get is the orange LED from there on.

Have a look at the last message of

http://www.nabble.com/No-network-after-successful-Debian-install-t4738119.html

> I'll probably get around to doing the mod on my slug, but I'd like to
> hear any suggestions, or if anyone has managed to get this working
> with a 133mhz slug.

It really shouldn't make a difference AFAIK. I don't understand why
some slugs experience this problem.

> Is there a less traumatic way of changing the rootdelay time?  I have
> the suspicion that something is going wrong there.

What is the traumatic way? Are you referring to the method described at

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/ChangeKernelCommandLine

But this method isn't that traumatic :-)

Gordon

--
Gordon Farquharson
GnuPG Key ID: 32D6D676